Administrative Assistant, CSC
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
CSC Administrative Assistant Responsible to the CSC Project Control Manager, the administrator performs administrative and office support tasks for the broader CSC team; assisting with the successful completion of near term and long term projects.
- Education Required: High School Diploma
- Years of Experience Required:
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly Organized
- Ability to Multitask
- High Attention to Detail
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Applications
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Greet and direct visitors while following all implemented security procedures
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Order and prepare catering for meetings when required
- Assist team members with general administration when required (large meetings, typing up documents/ presentations, general questions etc...)
- Assist in creation of communications/ presentations
- Mail distribution/ deliveries
- Maintenance of office directory
- Pull together supplies orders for approval
- Main point of contact for all Facilities/Maintenance Work Orders
- Assist in the processing of additional access requests (DIAR/ SAR)
- Assist Project Coordinator with onboarding new hires and transfers
- Assist in the facilitation of team events/ meetings
- Calendar management for directors if required
- Expense creation and filing for directors/ managers
- Guest WIFI setup
- Main point of contact for all ITD ticket requests
- Assist with travel requests when required (data packages for cell phones)
- Maintain an up-to-date vacation tracker
- Other duties as required
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.