Materials Technologist Sherwood Park, AB 04/06/2019
WSP in Sherwood Park, AB
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Sherwood Park, AB
WSP is currently seeking a Materials Technologist to join our Geotechnical and Materials group , located at our Sherwood Park office. Reporting to the Central Lab Supervisor this position will be responsible for carrying out field and laboratory testing of concrete, asphalt, soils, and aggregates in accordance with CSA and ASTM test procedures, and providing support to the engineering team. The successful candidate will also be responsible for managing the laboratory and scheduling of field assignments for technicians.
- Conduct maintenance on laboratory equipment;
- Maintain records, and complete regular calibration testing in compliance with requirements for certification with Canadian Council of Independent Laboratories (CCIL)
- Perform aggregate qualification testing programs in accordance with procedures outlined in CSA and ASTM
- Conduct routine in-field asphalt and soil compaction testing
- Assist the engineering team with surveying and site inspections
- Prepare laboratory test reports, and field review reports
- Perform concrete testing in the field and the laboratory;
- Follow and abide by WSP's health and safety policy
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Post-secondary diploma in Civil Engineering Technology from an accredited institution.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in materials testing on industrial construction sites, quality assurance and control and construction monitoring;
- Valid driver's license with no restrictions
- Experience in concrete and soils testing
- Adaptable to changing work environment
- Motivated, self-starter who can work well independently or with a team;
- Good technical writing skills
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal. Excellent communication, both written and verbal.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.
Sherwood Park, AB