Occupational Therapist 1 (OT01)
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : SHCP
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Occupational Therapy
CLASSIFICATION : Occupational Therapist 1 (OT01)
STATUS : Temporary full-time (approximately 7 months)
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED START DATE : April 2019
HOURS OF WORK :
Day shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and applying occupational therapy interventions for inpatients and outpatients with physical and/or cognitive disabilities who are referred to the Occupational Therapy Department. They will also carry out all other associated duties, as per the needs of the department.
Member in good standing of the New Brunswick Association of Occupational Therapists and the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
- BLS (basic life support) certificate and maintenance of certificate
- Previous experience in occupational therapy considered an asset
- Proven ability to organize and manage assigned workload
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to fulfill their role in a changing work environment
- Ability to develop a treatment and therapy plan in consultation with the patient, family and team
- Strong interest in increasing personal knowledge
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organization values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitality Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment