Materials Testing Technician - Soils and Materials
Founded inQuebec more than 50 years ago, Englobe is the one of the largest soils,materials and environment organizations in Canada. We currently have over2000 employees located in over 50 offices and laboratories throughout Canada,Great Britain and France.
At Englobe, ouremployees' passion, experience and know-how allow us to provide you withcustomized solutions, respecting your needs, your budget and your deadlines.
Englobe is presently looking for Materials Technicians to join our Soils & Materials team. Reporting to the Team Leader, the chosen candidateswill carry out testing of soil, asphalt, and concrete on construction sites forurban land development, municipal infrastructure, and buildingconstruction. Opportunities to learn and conduct more complex geotechnicaland materials inspections will become available as experience isgained. Carrying and use of test equipment involves some effort of aphysical nature. Training will be provided in on-site safety, testingprocedures, and use of equipment. There will be some opportunities towork overtime, if desired.
- Conducting on-site testing of soil compaction, asphaltcompaction, and concrete properties;
- Preparation of field reports documenting equipment used,test locations, and results;
- Attending regular staff meetings (potentially after-hours);
- Assist with laboratory testing as needed;
- Assist with equipment calibration and building maintenanceas needed; and,
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Technical Diploma in a field related to Civil Engineering;
- More than 2 years of experience in highway materials, construction materials sampling and testing and inspection, and association registration;
- CSA or ACI certification (asset);
- Must have a valid G Driver's Licence.
Englobe Corp. adheres to employment equity and equal opportunity programs and encourages all women, visible minorities, Aboriginals and disabled persons to apply. Only selected candidates will be contacted.