Administrative Assistant Dartmouth, NS 04/06/2019
WSP in Dartmouth, NS
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our Dartmouth office for a 12 month term position.
- A wide variety of administrative duties as assigned, including composition of letters, preparation of memos, minutes, reports, correspondence and presentations, formatting of specifications.
- Communicating with various external agencies (such as municipalities, provincial departments, utility companies, etc.) regarding applications and gathering information as requested.
- Assist with the development of project documentation which may include the production of proposals, RFI's and RFQ's.
- Advanced MS Word skills - familiarity working in templates.
- Proficiency with MS Project to update and create schedules for proposals.
- Other general administrative duties including data entry and tracking, filing, folding drawings, copying, creating pdf files, etc.
- Provide reception relief duties, including managing incoming calls, greeting visitors and courier arrangements.
- Coordinate and update tracking sheets in Excel format with direction from the project team.
- Other admin duties as required.
- College degree in Administration, or all other equivalent training;
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience as an Administrative Assistant;
- Functional competencies in the field of engineering consulting will be considered an asset;
- Proficient on computer software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), competencies in MS Project and Adobe Acrobat;
- Good initiative, attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a team environment; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.