Spiritual Care Practitioner
NOTE: Applicants must attach their resumé to the application form.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Bargaining
ZONE : Zone6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Chaleur Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Spiritual Care
CLASSIFICATION: Spiritual Care Practitioner
STATUS : Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
Day shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Reporting to the Manager of Spiritual Services, the practitioner is responsible for providing spiritual support to any patient using a holistic and collaborative approach in accordance with professional standards and based on the vision, mission and policies and procedures of Vitalité Health Network.
- Bachelor's degree in theology, pastoral care, religious sciences or a related discipline;
- Practicums in clinical spiritual care accredited by the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC);
- Member in good standing of the CASC or its equivalent, the Association des intervenantes et intervenants en soins spirituels du Québec (AIISSQ);
- At least three years' experience in a hospital setting or similar setting;
- Effective interpersonal communication skills and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated leadership and insight;
- Motivation, enthusiasm and flexibility;
- Proficiency using computer tools;
- Capacity to adhere to, engage in, and manage change with a positive attitude ;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physically able to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Spoken and written competence in English and French is required.
1. Applicants must attach their Resumé to the application form.
2. Salary commensurate with provincial scale for management staff.
3. Position to be evaluated by the JMC.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
"Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment"