Saint John Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA) PCN 1252465
Horizon Health Network in Saint John, NB
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2019-38766 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: 3AN Combine Care
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Part Time
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, FTE: 0.5, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour
JOB PURPOSE: To coordinate the care of each patient's needs through assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. The needs of the family will be identified, and the appropriate resources notified.
- Currently registered with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick
- 2 years of recent OBS/GYNE experience in the last 5 years
- Current CPR certification
- Proof of up- to- date Immunization status
- Breastfeeding module and NRP certification within first year of hire
- High regard for confidentiality and advocacy for patients
- Demonstrated initiative and good judgment
- Ability to communicate effectively and pleasantly with patients, families, staff, physicians and the general public
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Ability to perform the duties of the position
- Good work record
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
- Demonstrates an understanding of Family Centered Maternal and Newborn (and Gynecology) principles
- Assesses the health care needs of patients including patients assigned to other health care personnel.
- Identifies patient needs and problems utilizing an assessment tool.
- Identifies needs effecting discharge planning and potential services required at home.
- Formulates objectives specific to the patient needs.
- Provides health teaching, counseling, health promotion to individuals or groups.
- Provides nursing care required to achieve the patient's desired outcomes.
- Evaluates outcomes of nursing actions for further assessment and planning.
- Utilizes effective communication skills to achieve a helping relationship.
- Supports new employees during orientation.
- Provides support and works with student personnel to ensure a positive learning experience (UNB, RNA, Refresher RN students)
- Works co-operatively with allied health personnel and delegates, consults and refers appropriately.
- Directs and supervises non-professional staff.
- Interacts with the patient care team to identify, plan, implement and evaluate changes.
- Demonstrates initiative for personal professional development.
- Obtains and maintains required training and qualifications (i.e. Professional Registration, CPR, WHIMMIS, Fire/Disaster, Neonatal Resuscitation Program, Operating Room Training, Fetal Monitoring and Delegated Medical Function Certifications
- Participates in programs promoting quality improvement on nursing unit.
- Demonstrates competent use of equipment used in this nursing care area (i.e. Breast Pumps, Electronic Fetal Monitor, Infant scales, Vital Sign Monitors, Bilimeters, etc.)
- Will be cross trained within the Maternal / Child Health program as needed.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by May 26, 2019.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2019- 38766 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.