Miramichi Staff Nurse (RNCA) PCN 1750386
Horizon Health Network in Miramichi, NB
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2019-38879 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
DEPARTMENT: 2 East OBS
FACILITY: Miramichi Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Staff Nurse
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential with requirements to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour
JOB PURPOSE: Participate in the planning, implementing, and evaluating of total Nursing Care to meet the individual needs of Women and Children in accordance with the vision, mission and values of Horizon Health Network Miramichi Area.
- Current registration with NANB.
- Successful completion of Basic Cardiac Life Support and recertified yearly as a condition of employment.
- Certified in IV Therapy and CVAD in compliance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Certified in Neonatal Resuscitation Program.
- Certified in 20 hour Breast Feeding course.
- Certified in Fetal Health Surveillance in Labour or willing to obtain within six months.
- Two years' experience in Labour & Delivery/Maternity.
- Proof of up to date Immunization status.
- Escorts patients requiring ambulance transfers to another facility.
- Must be willing to cross train to Pediatrics.
- Physically capable of performing assigned duties. Must be capable of working 12-hour shifts, days and nights, holidays and weekends throughout the year.
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Demonstrated adherence to legislation and MRHA Confidentiality Policy to ensure all patients, business, financial and employee information is accessed on a need to know basis.
- Patient Safety is a critical aspect of quality healthcare. Successful candidates must be accountable for creating a culture of safety, working as a team, communicating effectively and responding to adverse events.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French are required (Intermediate Plus)
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by May 26, 2019.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2019- 38879 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.