Senior Manager, M&E Buildings, Saskatoon Saskatoon, SK 04/06/2019
WSP in Saskatoon, SK
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Manager, M&E Buildings, Saskatoon to join our Mechanical & Electrical Department , located at our Saskatoon office. Reporting to the this position will be responsible for achieving expected results or completing business action plans within an operational unit. Pursues an objective of maximizing operational profitability and productivity by tailoring processes and equipment to the organization's operational targets. While still managing and being accountable for successful outcome of projects and oversee technical aspects within respective discipline. May undertake design calculations. Verifies and completes requests for proposals, estimates and other technical documents. May create and maintain relationships with clients. May coordinate the resources and complete part or all of projects of various sizes, along with a team of engineers and technicians. May follow up on projects to assure compliance with the objectives in terms of costs, quality and timelines. May manage and control project budget, scope of work, costs, quality, risks, HSE, schedule and project close out.
- - Intermediate level of management for an operational or regional unit of the company
- Participates in establishing budgets, action plans, objectives and strategies for his/her sector. Proposes and ensures the implementation of guidelines issued by more senior levels.
- Ensures that targets are met within established timelines and using allocated resources. Intervenes and recommends appropriate solutions when new and complex problems arise.
- Plans, organizes, controls and manages the activities of a medium size work team or part of an operational unit, including a continued and direct supervision of professionals
- Direct and important impact in the unit/department on operations and the functioning of the company
- Responsible of the global application of the company's governing rules
- Responsible for the salary reviews process for his/her unit
- Highly specialized or large project management job level
- Position known as an authority in a technical discipline of upmost importance to the company or in his/her multi-disciplinary mastery on projects of large scale or complexity.
- Exercises full autonomy in its technical or project management decisions, decisions that are generally not reviewed, unless they imply important sums or risks for the company.
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Minimum of fifteen (10) years in engineering consulting, delivering technical and complex projects
- Think critically and use facts and data in identifying problems, drawing valid conclusions and generating a range of alternative solutions and courses of action;
- Results oriented; decision maker; pro-active leader;
- Reputation for spearheading innovative ideas and implementing standards, policies and procedures across a series of teams or groups;
- Team player; Proven ability to impact and influence others; able to influence people to achieve desired objectives;
- Demonstrated capabilities in engaging a wider audience to adapt new ways of working;
- Able to work well under pressure and be able to meet deadlines; Able to prioritize work and multi-task,
- Pro-active, diligent and efficient in the execution of responsibilities; able to work on own initiative;
- Tactful when dealing with confidential and sensitive information;
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Attentive to detail; focused and passionate about efficiency and effectiveness.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.