Director and Team Leader, National Accounts
CIBC in Montreal, QC
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it .
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
CIBC National Accounts ("CIBC NA") was established within CIBC's Commercial Bank in November 2015 to create a team of dedicated banking professionals to serve upper middle-market and junior corporate sector clients in Canada. CIBC NA professionals specialize in structuring and managing larger credit facilities and syndicated bank transactions. The goal of the group is to expand CIBC's market share in this important segment of the Canadian Commercial Banking landscape. Key identifiers for National Accounts within CIBC include: Clients or prospects that require a syndicated back facility of three or more banks; CIBC credit facilities of $25 million or larger; t ransactions will be of a higher level of complexity, and size, and will have an above average impact on business results.
Reporting to the Market Vice President, and overseeing two direct reports, the Director and Team Leader is responsible for all business development activities, senior client coverage, overseeing loan underwriting and portfolio management. They will work with a number of partners and senior people internally to support a wide range of clients, to drive cross-selling efforts as well as business development activities.
How You'll Succeed
- Understanding local markets and l remain current with short and medium term business and economic trends and forecasts for key industries.
- Planning, implementing and maintaining an effective business development and community involvement strategy to expand and protect share of National Account clients, utilizing an extensive network of referral resources.
- Interfacing at Senior Executives level, this role will apply a professional and consultative sales and business development approach to ensure the identification, negotiation, structuring and provision of the initial underwriting for unique, complex business transactions with upper middle-market and junior corporate commercial clients.
- Be highly visible in the marketplace to proactively, and with a long-term focus, develop an internal and external network of referral sources that effectively generates prospects for new business to maintain a consistent pipeline of prospective upper middle market and junior corporate clients for future execution. This will include Commercial Account Managers, financial investors, financial professionals & consultants.
- Responsible for overseeing in-depth company, industry and portfolio analysis supporting the credit relationships for a portfolio of National Accounts clients.
- Oversee the on-going monitoring of the terms and conditions of approved credit arrangements and appropriately identifying any relevant changes in the financial condition/business of a client.
- Ensure that the portfolio meets appropriate risk management guidelines and remains current with the changing methodologies.
- Responsible for overseeing due diligence with regard to activities of many parties including Legal, Trading Documentation, Capital Markets Trading marketers and Corporate and Commercial Adjudication (CCA).
- Provide sound, timely, and well-communicated recommendations for credit facilities supported by a thorough analysis and well-executed interpretation of relevant financial, industry, business, and market information.
- Act as a subject matter expert as it relates to complex financing structures with Commercial Account Managers and participate in deal teams in a consultative role as needed
Who You Are
- Undergraduate degree in finance, economics, or other complementary business industry disciple.
- Minimum 10 years related experience; MBA, CFA or other relevant professional designation preferred.
- Unquestioned professionalism, ethics and reputation. Approach to the workplace that is based on open communication and a team atmosphere.
- Formal training and demonstrable skills in credit analysis and deal making.
- Possesses a consulting mentality and an ability to address client strategic issues.
- Thorough understanding of Corporate Finance theories and practices, well-developed financial analysis and financial modeling skills.
- Excellent understanding of financial statements and accounting principles.
- Sophisticated analytical skills including extensive experience in analyzing financial statements in order to assess credit risks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English to effectively communicate complicated concepts and financial data.
- Well-developed problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to deal with multiple and sometimes conflicting demands and time constraints. Excellent adaptability and flexibility to deal with a rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated job commitment including a willingness to work extended hours and personal flexibility and adaptability in order to meet client requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and develop employees.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week. Y ou may need to work flexible hours from time to time