Midland Transport in Dorval, QC
Midland Transport Limited has become a leader in the transportation industry by providing superior quality service to our customers. Our services include LTL, T/L, Courier Services, and Third Party Logistics/ Brokerage which provide the convenience of one-stop shipping.
Midland Transport is currently seeking a Safety Advisor reporting to the Director, Site Safety. This role will support courier and transport facilities in our Quebec region. The selected candidate will be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and a "Can Do" attitude.
- Diploma or certificate in health and safety OR industry specific safety program certification OR combination of work experience and other secondary education
- Bilingual (French and English) required
- 5-8 years' related experience required
- Ability to work and communicate well with others in a team environment
- Experience in Claims Management (WSIB and/ or CNSST) and Auditing considered an asset
- Ensure consistent support and regular site visits, Safety Committee meeting attendance, training, program implementation, site specific risk assessments and internal audits within assigned locations
- Review incident investigations, corrective action and provide coaching on improvements
- Develop health and safety communication programs, policies and procedures as assigned in support of the Midland Site Safety Strategy
- Conduct training for managers and health and safety committees
- Travel within region required
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Midland Transport Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.