Job Title: Maintenance Manager
Job Posting #: 5132
Reports To: Director of Operations
Location: Aerostructures (Amherst)
Position Type: Full Time Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
The key purpose of this role is to coordinate and direct the design, planning, construction, maintenance and modification of equipment, machinery, furnishings, infrastructure and facilities.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Plans, assigns and supervises the work of industrial mechanics, millwrights, waste water treatment technicians, electricians, and labourer/sweeper
- Build relationship with outside companies, such as Efficiency Nova Scotia, to strategize on ways to optimize the reduction of power consumption within the plant
- Work closely with the Executive Team to implement initiatives on cost saving and efficiency improvements within the facility
- Work closely with the Health & Safety Officer to resolve Health & Safety - and Environmental issues as promptly as possible.
- Develop and maintain a program of preventative maintenance (PM system) covering all production machinery and other capital equipment in conjunction with the JDE ERP system and reporting.
- Develop procedures for the preventative maintenance system (PM system) to improve accuracy and efficiency of the system
- Participates in improvement projects and equipment risk assessments to maintain and/or improve facilities and equipment per Company and environmental standards
- Maintains stock of spare parts needed to maintain machinery and equipment at the facility while maintaining cost and budget.
- Troubleshoot technical problems and breakdown repairs and recommend equipment or improvement methods
- Lead and implement major capital projects in the area of plant, grounds, environmental and facilities management.
- Participates in the research and selection of new equipment and machinery
- Successfully manage plant expansion which may include the installation of new product lines maintaining budget and timing
- Manage sub-contracted services - on a daily basis through negotiated contracts, when applicable.
- Review with H&S Officer the completed monthly safety inspections to resolve Health & Safety and environmental issues, and make recommendations on improvements to existing environmental programs
- Manage annual inspection process for fire alarm, sprinkler systems, fire safety plan in accordance to the fire code, applicable regulations and by-laws
- Maintain a high standard of discipline and conduct within the maintenance team and ensure that all members have appropriate training and valid certifications
- Update, uphold and maintain maintenance and equipment procedures
- Applies safety and quality concepts and tools to continually improve work processes, individual and team performance
- Prepare environmental status reports and complete applications for environmental regulatory licenses/permits on current programs and activities
- Improve machinery uptime targets
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive maintenance/manufacturing/supervisory experience
- Required to be on call for emergencies: spills, fires, injuries, natural disasters, security and equipment breakdowns that affect the facility and/or production.
- Strong functional knowledge of facilities equipment and services
- Experience working in a unionized environment, would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and Environmental policies and regulations
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and WHMIS
- Strong people management ability and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Be able to operate under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of all required MS Office software
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 8S activities in your area.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian Government Security Clearances..
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-representated. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.