Senior Project Manager, Municipal Engineering Ottawa, ON 04/06/2019
WSP in Ottawa, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our Municipal Infrastructure team located at our Ottawa office reporting to the Manager. In this challenging position, you will be responsible for growing, mentoring and developing an industry leading team of dynamic project engineers and designers. We will provide you with the tools and opportunity to deliver awarding winning multidisciplinary municipal design projects. The successful incumbent will have a strong background in local/ regional municipal infrastructure projects and/or land development. Our Infrastructure team is currently involved in the design of two significant P3 projects which will present a career defining opportunity for the right candidate.
- Supervise, mentor and develop a team of engineers and designers;
- Active involvement in identifying and procuring work with public and private clients;
- Liaison with team members, clients and agencies;
- Provide experienced leadership to project engineering teams;
- Prepare technical analysis, reports, cost estimates and contract documents;
- Other duties as assigned.
- A registered professional engineer with PEO or equivalent;
- Minimum of 10-15 years' related experience;
- Experience working on city/ municipal /provincial/private land development and infrastructure design project teams;
- Strong business development acumen;
- Experience supervising, mentoring and developing a team of engineers and designers;
- Knowledge of various software packages (Microsoft office, AutoCAD, Microstation);
- Good technical writing skills;
- Good command of English language, both written and verbal;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills;
- A vehicle in suitable working order and a valid driver's license are an asset.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.