Area Sales Manager, Mobile Investment Specialist - Montreal West Island
CIBC in Pointe-Claire, QC
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses - Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking - we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC's Lines of Business, please visit our website .
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance - so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business successes , community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of these successes and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com .
The Area Sales Manager, Mobile Investment Specialist team is responsible for developing, consolidating, and driving sales direction, providing leadership and guidance to the Mobile Investment Specialists. This involves managing the existing sales strategies of the team while enhancing the channel by establishing and driving a comprehensive sales vision and roadmap.
As the Area Sales Manager, you will work with your team of professional advisors to generate sales strategies and activities to assist in meeting and exceeding short and long term sales targets, financial and strategic objectives, and revenue and profit growth. The Area Sales Manager, Mobile Investment Specialist team will deliver top tier customer satisfaction and ensure the recruitment, development & retention of a group of top performing sales professionals.
The Area Sales Manager will work with business partners, banking centers and Mobile Advice and leadership staff to review proposed initiatives for viability, business sense and alignment with the sales roadmap, by providing advice and consultative support, to determine, develop and recommend appropriate solutions to address high impact client needs. The role will also facilitate, solicit, promote, and assess ideas and recommendations on an ongoing basis from business partners, through formal and informal methods.
What You'll Be Doing
- Directly "lead" the Mobile Investment Specialist team
- Attract, hire, and retain the best talent and build a pipeline of high quality potential candidates
- Motivate the team through reward and recognition to cultivate a performance-oriented culture in the department
- Market banking centres and the Mobile Advice and CIBC through events held to promote financial advice to clients
- Leverage existing network and build new networks within the community (e.g. Business Associations etc.) to facilitate new client acquisition
- Keep current on all Bank product offerings against competitors' offerings assessing their offers as required and raise non-competitive situations to national team for response and assistance
- Follow a disciplined sales plan to accelerate profitable revenue growth and proactively identify business development opportunities
- Leveraging lead generation tools for existing clients and prospect for net new clients to CIBC
- Identifying opportunities and proactively source client meetings and conduct effective client interviews to generate business
- Engage Banking centre Leaders and demonstrate value of the Mobile Investment Specialist team through ongoing tracking and reporting
What We're Looking For
- Two of the following: Business degree, CFA, CSC, IFIC Course
- 5 years' experience in sales leadership, sales, business development and relationship management in financial services
- Strong recruitment and employee development experience is a must
- Well-developed telephone skills, along with strong verbal and written communications skills
- French & English written and spoken (level Bilingual) is mandatory for this role.
- Strong analytical, judgment and conceptual ability is critical
- Ability to work independently without extensive direct supervision
- Ability to anticipate needs of senior and executive management/business leaders by keeping abreast of current financial trends and issues and their implications
- Ability to form, build and manage effective teams
What CIBC Can Offer You
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase plan, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and banking benefits
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
- Click to learn more about Rewards & Recognition , Development, and Employee Community Involvement