Intermediate Electrical Designer Thunder Bay, ON 04/06/2019
WSP in Thunder Bay, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking an Electrical Designer to join our Thunder Bay Industrial office, located at our 1269 Premier Way. Reporting to the Practice Lead - Electrical this position will be responsible for the application of electrical design knowledge on project work from conceptual design through to completion. Technical quality, cost effectiveness, building and maintaining client relationships are integral parts of this role.
- Design of electrical power distribution systems;
- Design of building lighting and associated control systems;
- Design of fire-detection/alarm systems;
- Design of industrial control systems;
- Perform engineering calculations;
- Coordination with various departments and disciplines required for project implementation;
- Production of detailed drawings and specifications (AutoCAD, AutoCAD 3d, Revit);
- Industrial and Commercial site reviews;
- Preparation of engineering reports;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Electrical Engineering Diploma or Degree from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in electrical design;
- C. Tech or C.E.T. designation or availability a benefit;
- Ability to work with a minimum of instructions and complete tasks independently;
- Working knowledge of CSA standards, ANSI standards, IEEE standards, Ontario Building Code, and other applicable codes;
- Be fluent in the English language with excellent verbal and written communication skills with working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programs;
- Must be able to attend industrial sites and observe all applicable safety regulations;
- Must possess a team player attitude and be able to work in project team environment;
- Must possess a valid driver's license
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.
Thunder Bay, ON