Intermediate Structural Engineer Ottawa, ON 04/06/2019
WSP in Ottawa, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Structural Engineer to join our Structural Engineering Group, located at our downtown Ottawa office. Reporting to the Structural Engineering Department Manager this position will be responsible for working with a multi-disciplinary team to take innovative design solutions from proposals through to constructed projects for clients in a wide variety of Sectors.
- Perform engineering calculations for structural steel, concrete, masonry, and wood structures;
- Complete engineering investigations and assessments;
- Write technical reports;
- Perform site assessments and provide site support;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Civil Engineering degree;
- Registered Professional Engineer with the PEO;
- 2+ years of experience;
- Thorough familiarity with all applicable codes and standards;
- Demonstrated ability to manage a project;
- Proficiency with engineering software;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit is an asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.