Talent Enablement Specialist Thornhill, ON 04/06/2019
WSP in Thornhill, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Talent Enablement Specialist to join our Human Resources department, located at our Thornhill office. Reporting to the National Director of Talent Enablement , you will work in conjunction with the Talent Enablement team and HR Business Partners to deliver services to the Canadian Operations. This 12 month contract has a possibility of permanency.
Why choose WSP?
- A Canadian success story - a company that grew from humble roots in Quebec to a global, multinational powerhouse with over 48,000 employees worldwide;
- Impact the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than we were yesterday, for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians, we're open to your ideas and trying new things that will challenge the status quo and raise the bar higher;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a forward-thinking workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you can expect to do here:
Coordination and a dministration of our Onboarding, Leadership Forum Development, Entry-Level Talent Development and Performance Management programs:
- Maintenance of/reporting on developmental program participant records in HRIS;
- Coordination of annual data clean up exercise;
- Coordination of program nomination process;
- Provision of instructions to/communication with HR Business Partners and program participants;
- Scheduling of program events and meetings;
- Coordination of Leadership Forum activities with Global Talent Development team: 360 feedback survey, online database updates;
- Assignment of e-learning modules to program participants;
- Monitoring completion of program requirements by participants;
- Coordinate review, development and deployment of communication materials with Communication team;
- Support developing presentation materials;
- Order WSP Welcome Kits for new hires;
- Conduct check-ins with new hires during their first week and escalate issues for rapid resolution as appropriate;
- Other duties as assigned or required.
What you'll bring to WSP:
- Ideally you'll have a 2 year HR Certificate;
- B ilingual in English and French is an asset ;
- Junior to intermediate level experience in coordination in an HR environment;
- Proficient with HRIS systems (WSP currently uses ADP for HRMS and Taleo for recruitment and onboarding) along with electronic and physical file management;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, with strong excel, word, and outlook skills;
- Capable and comfortable operating independently with minimal supervision, able to work through new tasks;
- Strong attention to detail with accuracy;
- Ability to anticipate needs and take the appropriate action(s);
- Proven success in multi-tasking, prioritizing between competing priorities and adapting to change;
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to manage numerous internal and external relationships;
- Excellent communication skills; proven ability to work with a variety of people, needs and personalities;
- Passion to grow and take on new responsibilities yet remain focused on a variety of unique or repetitive tasks.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.