Manager, Administration & Accounting
CAN-med Healthcare, a division on IMP Group Ltd, is a Canadian-owned, value-added distributor of medical surgical, health imaging, dental, mobility and home health care products and services. With over 45 years of healthcare experience, our team of 70 employees serves healthcare providers from 5 offices within Atlantic Canada.
The Halifax location of CAN-med Healthcare & Harding Medical is currently looking for a Manager, Administration & Accounting to join their team. As a member of the management team, the successful candidate will participate in all aspects of the business by overseeing and supporting the day to day work of the accounting team and some administration teams, and by contributing to the organizations overall goals and direction. The strengths of this position are managing and coaching people and teams, strong-to-advanced Excel skills, and a solid knowledge of standard accounting.
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure the completion of daily financial tasks and month end procedures
- Work with and support Administration teams and staff to ensure business processes flow smoothly
- Manage, coach and mentor accounting and administration teams, including regular and ongoing performance reviews
- Establish work priorities, and ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures
- Assist with the leadership of all physical inventory counts and prepare detailed variance reports
- Identify cost reduction opportunities
- Liaise with IMP Corporate Finance to ensure the timely completion and submission of all required operational reports and statements
- Responsibility for some operational areas such as building security, expense report system management, credit card issuance, Access Nova Scotia/vehicle registration, some custom report generation
- Ensure timely collection of accounts receivable and oversee third party billing
- Assist in the preparation of annual operating and capital budgets for all business units
- Ensure creditability and consistency of variable compensation plans, calculate commission payouts and assist business unit leaders with establishing sales targets and goals.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Complete other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Business or Commerce degree or equivalent combination of related education and business experience
- Five years' experience in a managerial role, preferably with accounting teams
- Solid knowledge and understanding of basic accounting practices
- Proven team player with the ability to interact and work with people from a variety of backgrounds and at different levels within the organization
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills and the ablility to commit to, and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, analyze, and problem solve complex issues
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of products. In particular, with advanced Excel skills, comfortable creating and analyzing complex financial models and spreadsheets. Previous experience using Prophet 21 software and/or Crystal Reports is considered an asset
- Communicate effectively and efficiently, orally and in writing, to a wide scope of potential audiences
- Ability to work independently as well as work in, and lead, a team
Please apply online, indicating your salary expectations, by May 24, 2019 at:
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.
IMP Group International Inc. is focused on global, sustainable growth, with 3,500 experienced people delivering service, quality and value to customers across diverse sectors such as aerospace, aviation, , healthcare, information technology, hospitality and property development.