Atlantic Towing Business Director
Atlantic Towing Limited in Saint John, NB
The Transportation and Logistics division of JD Irving, Inc. is comprised of a dynamic group of unique and successful businesses in the marine, railway and trucking sectors ( www.jdirving.com ). We are a recognized leader in freight movement and logistics services. We offer a fast-paced and progressive work environment, with exposure to a wide range of operational initiatives and a focus on the future through our business digitization initiatives.
We are growing our businesses, transforming our operations, maximizing our results and energizing our employees through investment and progressive technology that is making a difference. We value people and teamwork, and we seek and develop the very best talent to ensure that WE DELIVER!
Atlantic Towing Limited is a well established and growing marine transportation company with a diverse fleet of Harbour, Coastal/Deep Sea Tugs and Offshore Support Vessels with locations in Saint John, New Brunswick; Halifax, Nova Scotia and St. John's, Newfoundland.
The Business Director is an exciting opportunity to lead a business segment reporting directly to the General Manager. Responsibilities include:
- Port Services and Coastal business sectors profit and loss statement
- Maximize the growth and profitability by working in an integrated manner with the Sales & Marketing Team
- Develop opportunities, secure and execute work to fulfill contractual obligations, from order to cash
- Analyze pricing for commercial opportunities and develop cost models to support the bid process
- Secure and manage resources (Sales and Marketing, Operations, Project Management, Technical and other) to develop project/work scope strategy and execute
- Maintain/ improve safety and environmental performance
- Manage full business cycle including billing and accounts receivable
- Maintain excellent customer relations
- Ensure appropriate leading measures and key performance indicators are in place to help manage the Port Services and Coastal Business Sectors
- Identify, develop and lead process improvement opportunities
- Completion of an undergraduate degree
- Proven leadership and management competencies required
- Experience in leading problem-solving activities from identification through to execution
- Ability to manage a P&L is required
- Exceptional communications skills and ability to foster positive relationships
- Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies would be considered a strong asset
- Marine industry experience and completion of an MBA would be considered assets
Please apply online for this career opportunity.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Atlantic Towing Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.