Recreation Nova Scotia is a province wide, not for profit organization established in 1998 to promote the values and benefits of recreation and leisure. In partnership with the volunteers and professional recreation community, Recreation Nova Scotia advocates on behalf of all Nova Scotians for quality recreation and leisure opportunities. Their team includes a Communications Assistant, a position designed to assist with the coordination of managing communication tools including social media outlets and website.
This position is accountable and reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Work as member of RNS team to plan, organize, and deliver a communications strategy to promote the aims of RNS
- Provide and strive for excellence in customer service
- Support team in administrative tasks related to the marketing and promotion of merchandise and related program initiatives
- Manage communication tools
- Support RNS committees and working groups with assigned communication tasks
- Assist in the development and distribution of surveys, reports, and evaluations
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of a recognized diploma or degree in Business (Marketing), Public Relations, Communications, and/or Journalism or equivalent
- Minimum 1-year applicable communications experience.
- Additional education and/or experience in non-profit and recreation sectors considered an asset.
- Knowledge of trends related to physical activity/sport/recreation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Canva, and Hootsuite
- Familiarization with Joomla and Constant Contact
- Experience in social media and web and content management, marketing campaigns, and communications
Term: Permanent, 1.0 FTE
Salary: $30 - $35,000 plus benefits (commensurate with experience)
Apply with resumes and cover letter to:
Crystal Watson, Executive Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 22, 2019 at 4 pm ATL. No phone calls or emails please. Only candidates considered for interview will be contacted.