Lead Project Manager Ottawa, ON 04/06/2019
WSP in Ottawa, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
- Oversee the delivery of the technical milestones and phases of the project;
- Manage the budgets and deadlines for the project;
- Manage multi-disciplinary project teams;
- Liaison with clients and the project team;
- Analyze project management and project delivery risks, establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibility for initiating mitigating action;
- Responsible for coordination of multi-disciplinary design teams;
- Oversee project quality control and quality assurance;
- Manage the resolution of project issues, identification of mitigation measures;
- Prepare, Review and analyze project schedules for activities, milestones, and critical path;
- Prepare Project cost estimates, and budgets;
- Perform all other tasks that will help accomplish successful delivery of the project;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering or Architecture;
- PMP Certification is an asset;
- Minimum 12 years of Project Management experience;
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams of project professionals;
- Strategic, conceptual analytical thinking and decision making skills;
- Adaptability and flexibility including the ability to manage project deadlines;
- Experience with schedule software is an asset;
- Demonstrated willingness to learn;
- Strong interpersonal skills and enthusiastic team player;
- Excellent oral and written and presentation skills;
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.