Opportunities for Mechanical Technologists & Engineers
Fleetway Inc. in Halifax, NS
FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES FOR MECHANICAL TECHNOLOGISTS & ENGINEERS
Chart Your Course With Fleetway Inc...
What to Expect:
This posting is for future opportunities for Mechanical Technologists & Engineers with Fleetway Inc. Applications will be reviewed by our recruiter as they are received. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications and desired work location- Halifax, Ottawa, St. John's or Victoria. Only those candidates who have the necessary qualifications will be contacted.
With a strong foundation established over 30 years, Fleetway offers a comprehensive capability of engineering, technical, logistics, and management services. We have built an outstanding team of people and partners, invested in the tools, and earned an exemplary track record servicing our customers.
Fleetway's experience includes project design and development, project implementation, in-service support, and disposal services. Serving commercial and government clients in the marine, naval, oil & gas, and other industrial sectors, we have the people, the credentials, the infrastructure, and the proven track record to provide our customers with the service excellence and value that they are looking for.
We uphold the highest standards of quality, safety and security, and are registered to the ISO 9001:2015 designation.
Our Mechanical Technologists & Engineers are a critical component of the Fleetway Engineering team that develop 3D models, drawings and technical studies, as well as ensure the completion of engineering change proposals and systems integration projects for government and commercial vessels. They are respected in the industry through their proven hands-on experience in marine engineering environments and their ability to provide solutions to client engineering design challenges.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Education Required: Engineering Technology Diploma (Mechanical/Marine Engineering Systems) from a Post-Secondary Institution
- Years of Experience Required: 5-8 years proven hands-on experience in 2D drafting, 3D modeling and engineering design/integration projects
- Background in marine systems required
- Proficient in Microstation and/or AutoCAD or S3D
- Proficient in MS Office Suite - including intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Experience in Naval Warship design is an asset
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian government security clearances (5 years searchable Canadian history)
Key Responsibilities & Outcomes:
- Developing 3D models and 2D drawings of ship equipment and systems
- Developing technical studies, drawings, surveys and specifications for government and commercial vessels
- Performing engineering design for auxiliary systems
- Incorporating engineering changes into existing designs
- Working on systems integration projects
What We Offer:
- The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary commensurate with skill, ability and experience, along with a comprehensive package including:
- Health and wellness benefits (including Fitness Reimbursement)- no wait period!
- Flexible work hours- core office hours!
- Enrollment in company RRSP matching program- start contributing immediately!
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
If you are interested in applying for a current or future Mechanical Technologist & Engineer career opportunity with JDI, please click the "Apply Now" button and complete the online application form. Additionally, in your covering letter, we ask if you could identify how your work background and experience aligns with the job profile and requirements.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Fleetway Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees. Fleetway Inc. is committed to providing an accessible organization by removing barriers for people with disabilities.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.