Concrete Quality Assurance Engineer - Site Position Vancouver, BC 04/06/2019
WSP in Vancouver, BC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
VANCOUVER, BC / CALGARY, AB / EDMONTON, AB
WSP is currently seeking a Concrete Materials Engineer with the requisite qualifications and experience to join its Materials Engineering group based Vancouver, BC. As long as the person can get to Vancouver, Calgary or Edmonton we would like to hear from you. Reporting to the Team Lead, Materials the successful candidate will be assigned on a long-term basis to a project site in northern BC to support the Owner's on-site quality assurance team. Duties would include provision of field and laboratory reviews and quality assurance surveillance of: aggregate production; concrete mix design and production; and concrete placement. This is long-term assignment which has a 14-day on, 7-day off rotation .
What you can expect:
- Liaise with and support the Owner's on-site Quality Assurance team;
- Coordinate and carry out field and laboratory reviews of construction works and testing of construction materials (e.g. aggregate, soils, and concrete);
- Prepare, write, and review technical reports and memos;
- Conduct and review materials engineering analysis.
What you'll bring to WSP:
- Must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering; a Master's Degree in Concrete Materials Engineering would be considered a very strong asset.
- Minimum three years of relevant Canadian experience (experience working on construction sites for long durations is considered an asset);
- Must have knowledge of production and placement of roller-compacted concrete and conventional concrete;
- Eligible for registration with APEGBC (E.I.T., P.Eng. or Limited Licensee);
- Strong technical, oral and written communication skills;
- Exceptional analytical and project management skills;
- Ability to work independently and co-operate with a team in various environments; and
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.