Project Controls Analyst Thornhill, ON 04/06/2019
WSP in Thornhill, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Project Controls Analyst - Alternative Delivery to join our project team located at our Thornhill office. Reporting to the Project Controls Lead - Alternative Delivery, this senior position will be responsible for cost control and financial provision for the project.
Provide cost control and financial control support for the project:
- Prepare detailed weekly/monthly cost, reports, forecasts and analysis by project
- Provide cost and schedule advice (including estimating, planning, cost control, and risk analysis) to the Project Design Manager, project teams, and other stakeholders
- Work closely with the projects teams to monitor Management of Change process, identifying the cost impact of proposed changes and incorporating those impacts into the Project Work Plan & Budget
- Maintain central feedback and learning on cost controls from projects and contribute to updating of "Best Practices" in project support, cost control and planning
- Issue budget updates and project cash flow and monthly revenue forecast. Prepare forecasts, cost trend reports and monitor cost, and budget forecasts;
- Review project scope change and change order requests for proper justification, cost impacts, and adequate budget and funding;
- Review contractor, vendor, and consultant invoices
- Coordinate with the Project Document Controller to validate the status of deliverables, before making recommendations for payments, or generating invoicing
- Work in with contract administrators on contract budgets, progress payments, valuations of contract variations and compensation events, as well as prepare detailed Close-Out Cost Reports
- Ensure project policies on Budget and Cost Control are implemented during the execution
- Manage WIP, invoicing and A/R and A/P processes, in consultation with the Design Manager, project accountant, and biller
- Lead the preparation of project status reporting for use in Executive Committee Review meetings
- Support the overall mandate of the Transportation PMO in areas of quality, safety, and collaboration
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting, Business, Engineering, Project Management, or equivalent
- 5+ years' of cost control experience, 3-5 years in Major Projects/Alternative Delivery models (P3/AFP)
- Excellent knowledge of engineering project controls, cost control, project accounting, and project reporting
- Knowledge of procurement/contracts, construction management, scheduling and document control excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Organized with strong accounting skills, & documentation management
- Knowledge of procurement/contracts, construction management, scheduling and document control Advanced knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Project Management Professional designation (preferred, but not required)
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.