Health Care Aide - Prince George
CBI Health Group in Prince George, BC
Health Care Aide - Prince George
CBI Health Group is the largest network of integrated community health services in Canada. We offer rehabilitation, home health, neurodevelopment and workplace health services across the country. As a casual Health Care Aide within our CBI Home Health team, you will call upon your nurturing and assisting skills to provide overall care to clients. In this position you will assist clients with personal care, lifts and transfers, toileting, bathing, and feeding. You will also provide light housekeeping support, prepare meals, accompany clients to appointments, and be a companion.
PRIMARY DUTIESAs a Health Care Aide, you will:
- Assist clients with the personal care tasks of daily living, including skin care, hair care, mouth care, bathing, bowel and bladder care, positioning and movement, basic wound care, feeding (including special diets)
- Assists with ambulating and mobilization of patient
- Performs other related housekeeping tasks as indicated in the individualized written client service plan.
- Practices universal precautions and adheres to WHMIS protocols.
- Recognizes and reports safety concerns or equipment malfunction in the home environment and acts accordingly to meet the safety and the protection needs of the Client.
- Able to establish communication with appropriate sources in response to emergency
- Observes, documents and reports any emotional or physical changes in the Client's condition to the Client Care Manager/Supervisor
QUALIFICATIONSTo take on the role of a Health Care Aide, you must:
- BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker Registration Number;
- A vehicle and valid driver's license is required
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check including the Vulnerable Sector Search - valid within 12 months;
- Current First Aid / CPR level "C" Certification;
- Reliable, adequately insured vehicle (required due to time and distance between visits).
About CBI Health Group:
CBI Health Group is Canada's largest provider of integrated community healthcare. For over 40 years, we have remained totally committed to improving the health and enriching the lives of Canadians. What sets us apart is our ability to work as a unified network dedicated to the ongoing learning that allows us to foster best practices, improve access to care and create better results for our patients. We organize our teams and services to ensure the right professionals and caregivers provide the right service, at the right time, in the right place. In over 250 facilities, our services are provided by a dedicated team of more than 11,000 administrators, support staff and caregivers that include physiotherapists, occupational therapists, registered massage therapists, kinesiologists, chiropractors, speech-language pathologists, psychologists, physicians, nurses, dietitians and behaviour therapists.
The CBI group of companies includes CBI Health Centres, CBI Home Health, We Care Home Health Services, Monarch House, CBI Workplace Solutions, and CBI Assessment Services. Our expanding transitional and residential community care network now numbers more than 60 homes nationwide.
At CBI, our people really care and believe that by working together, we can aim higher and make great things happen every day. Facebook: facebook.com/cbihealthgroup | Twitter: twitter.com/cbihealthgroup |www.cbi.caCBI Health Group is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment and selection process. To apply for this position, submit your resume to Human Resources email@example.com, stating "Health Care Aide - Prince George" in the subject line. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.