Manufacturing Engineer, CSC
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
The role of Manufacturing Engineer is a (1) full time permanent position that will report to the Design Build Manager (Man Eng) - CSC, and will be responsible for Manufacturing Engineering activities (software, manufacturing process, and production integration issues) on the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) project.
- Participate in the evolution of the Integrated Business Management Environment (IBME) for the CSC project
- Development of Manufacturing Engineering processes
- Assessment of Warship Design producibility characteristics, and contributing to development of CSC Design producibility characteristics and design rules.
- Assessment of Warship Designer design and manufacturing software environment, manufacturing facilities and processes
- Working with Information Technology Division solution architects, develop the integration plan for Warship Designer and ISI design and manufacturing software environment
- Develop a detailed understanding of ISI production processes and practices and represent ISI production interests during CSC design
- Assess Warship Designer design and production standards against ISI design and production standards, and adaptation of design and production standards to the CSC project
- Participate in Integrated Product Teams in support of development of the CSC design, particularly in relation to producibility, design for production, production design, and manufacturing process
- Develop and foster client and subcontractor(s) relationships
- Identify, manage, and mitigate risk items associated with CSC producibility
- Interface with shipyard production and planning teams to ensure the CSC design adequately reflects facility limitations, capabilities, and build methodology
- Propose design and process improvements related to vessel construction, shipyard safety, and production performance
Qualifications and Experience:
- Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Degree or Diploma in Naval Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, or similar
- Extensive exposure with various manufacturing software and systems
- 5 years' experience in a complex system manufacturing environment
- Experience with manufacturing process development and assessment
- 5 years' experience working in naval ship design, commercial shipbuilding, offshore construction, and/or other large military procurement programs
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing in English
- Ability to obtain P.Eng in Nova Scotia
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary commensurate with the experience of the Candidate and benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental and vision.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.