Race Track Ticket Seller
Reporting to the Manager Racing and Cage & Count, the successful candidate will be trained to sell Pari-Mutuel tickets for horse racing. This is an entry level casual position in which your schedule would reflect the horse racing calendar. The Racetrack Ticket Seller will be required to control cash and paper transaction throughout the shift with efficiency and accuracy.
You're welcome to apply online or you can bring your resume to our open house job fair on Thursday, May 23, 2019 from 5:30 to 7:00pm in the Red Shores Lobby.
· Execution of Pari-mutual wagering transactions; selling of tickets on both simulcast and live tracks, redeem winnings, and cancellations of wagers.
· Trouble shooting equipment issues and other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
· Communicate with Tote regarding ticket or machines issues.
· Greet patrons and provide assistance as required (inquires, issue tickets, payments etc).
· Adherence to both the department and Internal Controls Manual (ICM).
· Promote and maintain the utmost integrity and highest caliber of guest experience and respect to patrons and co-workers.
· Maintain confidentiality of guests.
· Entrusted with company assets for daily operations; required to maintain and balance.
· Knowledge and execution of all marketing promotions, including handling of coupons/vouchers for discounts on behalf of Red Shores.
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment by following Health & Safety guidelines as they are set out as well as identifying and bringing forward unsafe practices and conditions.
· Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
· Grade 12 or equivalent.
· Cash handling experience as well as mental math.
· Ability to promote positive work environment.
· Harness racing knowledge considered an asset.
· Guest Experience in fast paced environments.