Quality Assurance Manager
Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Job Posting #: 5123
Department #: 2930
Reports To: VP and GM of IMP Electronic Systems
Date Posted: May 2, 2019
Position Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Management of personnel and administration of the Quality Assurance (QA) Department including the implementation and maintenance of the Quality Assurance Program to assure compliance with contractual requirements, standards and applicable regulations as it applies to IMP Aerospace, Electronic Systems and Canadian Support Helicopters.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Prepare and maintain Quality Management System documentation (QPM, QSPs & SPPs);
- Liaise with Program Management, Branch/Department Heads and associated managers to support program requirements and participate in the resolution of technical/QMS issues;
- Participate in and support Departmental and company Continuous Improvement activities;
- Maintenance of IMP management system documentation.
- Implementation and monitoring of the internal/external audit program.
- Corrective action process.
- Conduct risk, failure and root cause analysis in support of company processes.
- Non-conforming product and quarantine process.
- Technical investigations.
- AVL process including surveys and audits.
- Quality alerts and bulletins.
- Material and Warranty Review Boards.
- Implementation and monitoring of Flight Safety program.
- Supervision & Development of HP Quality Inspection Staff
- Author, assess and approve all levels of management system documentation.
- Participate and support departmental and company continuous improvement activities.
- Liaise with Branch/Department Heads and associated managers to support program requirements and participate in the resolution of QMS/technical issues.
- Be responsible for customer interface requirements on quality issues.
- Carry out contract reviews identifying Quality & QMS related responsibilities.
- Maintain the Joint NDQAR Flight Safety Mishap Plan.
- Assess departmental training requirements and personnel performance.
- Required to supervise, coach and performance appraise a department ranging from six to ten persons.
- Chair the FOD/Tool Control/Flight Safety Committee.
- Carry out duties of GIDEP representative.
- Other duties as delegated by the Director Quality.
- Graduate Engineer, Technologist or an equivalent background of training and experience in the aircraft. maintenance/manufacturing industry.
- Trained in the field of Quality Assurance/Quality Management & Auditing.
- Minimum 10 years aviation industry experience.
- Minimum 5 years in a Quality Assurance role.
- Minimum of 5 years in a management capacity with emphasis on Quality Management.
- Experience and knowledge with DND Flight Safety System or SMS is an asset.
- Detailed knowledge of ISO 9001/AS9100 based Quality Management Systems and have knowledge of TQM concepts and processes.
- An effective leader, able to represent the company professionally through written documentation as well as through formal presentation.
- Skilled writer with ability to create comprehensive procedures, reports and correspondence for internal and external distribution.
- Skilled in the supervision and management of staff.
- Aware of requirements of Transport Canada CAR 573 & DND Technical Airworthiness Manual.
- Ability to coordinate numerous activities concurrently with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in the use of computers, and Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 6S activities in your area.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal people, visible minority groups, persons with disabilities and women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your application form, cover letter or resume.