Controller Montréal, QC 04/06/2019
WSP in Montreal, QC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Controller to join our Environment Finance Team, to lead our Québec Operations. The position will be based at our Montreal off ice. This position reports directly to the Finance Director, Environment Canada.
- Monitor and challenge the Quebec Environment financial and operational performance throughout the month; provide timely financial analysis and recommendations for corrective action, as appropriate;
- Lead the preparation of all periodic accounting and financial reporting and variance analysis within the established corporate deadlines;
- Develop and lead the preparation of the annual business plan / budget and quarterly forecasts; identify related risks and opportunities ;
- Provide leadership to a team of project accountants and a work environment that fosters responsibility and accountability;
- C ontinuously review, improve, standardize and streamline business processes;
- Attend the Management / Operations Committee meetings and lead the presentation of the monthly financial results;
- Actively participate in major project reviews. Ensure proper financial support for EAC's and assist in developing mitigation plans impact ing the financial performance ;
- Works hand in hand with Operatio ns to optimize projects execution and predictability ;
- Partner with the operations group and understand their needs with respect to financial performance and identifying trends/issues which might impact their current or future operations;
- Manage Work in Progress and Accounts Receivables for the Quebec region; work closely with the billing and collection teams and the project managers to optimize the DSO and drive collection push;
- Develop effective financial performance metrics and information systems for management to improve decision making;
- Ensure compliance with revenue recognition policies and standards in accordance with IFRS ;
- Collaborate with other Controllers to share information and best practices, enhancement of synergy culture within Environment.
- Professional accounting designation
- A minimum of 10+ years of managerial and leadership experience in a senior financial role;
- Experience in a professional services organization is highly desirable;
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and proactive problem solving skills ;
- Experience collaborating with multiple business partners and professionals located in various locations;
- Proficiency to translate financial results, information and ideas to non-financial professionals;
- Ability to analyze short and long term financial impacts of various strategic options;
- Autonomous, collaborative with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.