Senior Analyst - Capital Markets Product Control
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it .
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
The Capital Markets Product Control (PC) team provides strategic advice and financial support to the Capital Markets trading businesses. The team is responsible for the integrity and timeliness of the Capital Markets businesses' daily financial reporting. This role reports to the senior manager within the PC center of excellence ("COE"). You will embody the CIBC's One Finance Vision and Guiding Principles.
How You'll Succeed
- Relationship management - possess strong teamwork, partnership and relationship building skills sufficient to act in a collaborative manner with team members and stakeholders from different backgrounds and experiences. You will liaise daily with Finance, Front Office and other Capital Markets' stakeholder groups.
- Analysis and reporting - drive accurate, complete, and timely input to the various reporting groups. Provide accounts attestation and ensure all P&L accounts are substantiated. Inspire adherence to timing in Service Level Agreements and support the investigation and analysis of different methodologies by liaising with the CFO group.
- Agility - support agile processes and controls to ensure timeliness and accuracy. Ensure changes in policies/requirements are implemented in a controlled manner. Maintain adequate end to end process maps and detailed task manuals in accordance with best practices, regulatory requirements, SOX, and Internal Controls.
Who You Are
- Values matter to you - You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
- You understand that success is in the details - You pay attention to detail and notice things that others don't. Your critical, analytical thinking skills and sound judgement help to inform your decision making.
- You embrace and champion change - You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- You give meaning to data - You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- You can demonstrate with concepts and processes for the financial reporting of complex and/or sensitive instruments; interest rate products, customized bonds, money market, cross currencies, forwards, options, and other vanilla and non-standard derivative transactions. It's an asset if you have experience creating macros/VBA.
- You're a certified professional. You have current accreditation and good standing in a CFA or CPA designation.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week. Your hours will be based on our banking centre operations, and you may need to work days, evenings and weekends