Job Title: Calibrator
Reports To: Calibration Supervisor
Position Type: Permanent
The Calibrator will apply mechanical and electrical skills to control, calibrate and maintain inspection, measurement and test equipment (IM&TE) to ensure measurement accuracy.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Calibrate IM&TE in accordance with identified procedures
- Collect and record data gathered during calibration
- Prepare calibration reports and certificates
- Use JDE or other calibration-related software to update calibration records
- Attend training as required for new IM&TE and procedures
- Provide OJT as required to other Calibration employees
- Assist in the review of calibration test procedures
- Perform laboratory housekeeping and perform basic IM&TE maintenance (clean, lubricate, adjust) as required per OEM documentation
- Entrants into the Calibrator trade must possess necessary skills to include strong troubleshooting. Interpersonal and communication skills.
- A strong entry level electrical and mechanical ability.
- A good working knowledge of general computer applications is a requirement
- The ability to meet the following physical demands:
- a) Horizontal pushing of 50 Lbf.
- b) Lifting in excess of 23 Kg.
- c) Repetitive movement for extended periods of time.
- Formal training in calibration methodology will be considered an asset.
- Incumbents must be able to pass and maintain Public Works Government Services Canada (PWGSC) and Transport Canada security clearances.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 8S activities in your area.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian Government Security Clearances.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups you are encouraged to self identify on either your application form, covering letter or resume.