Document Control Administrator, Local 28
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
DOCUMENT CONTROL ADMINISTRATOR - LOCAL 28
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
We currently have a requirement for an energetic and organized individual in the role of Document Control Administer, Local 28.
- Working very closely with the Project Management Team, along with many other departments, specific responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Preparing/Maintaining Contractual Deliverables to/from our clients
- Maintaining AOPS documentation with respect to:
- Tracking of documentation
- Archiving of documentation
- Retrieval of documentation
- Maintaining Quality for incoming and outgoing documentation
- Using various databases, and conducting queries and reports
- Interacting with internal and external clients
- Assisting in the implementation of best practice data management processes
Requirements - Knowledge & Skills:
- Education Required: High School or Technical Certification/College Diploma
- Years of Experience Required: 2 years of experience in an administrative position
- Strong computer skills and experience
- Strong knowledge of the following Programs is a requirement: MS SharePoint, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Word, MS Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be flexible and feel comfortable with prioritizing workloads and multitasking to meet tight deadlines
- Must work well in a team environment
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Please be advised that some positions have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.