CAD/BIM Support Analyst Montréal, QC 04/06/2019
WSP in Montreal, QC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a BIM / CAD expert to join its IT WSP Canada team in our Montreal's office. This person will be responsible for support of BIM / CAO technologies and will participate in the development, review and adoption of standards at the project level.
- Responsible for advanced support and the maintenance of BIM/CAD and other engineering application software within the WSP Canada
- Perform advanced support that assure the engineering, design and operations functions of WSP or individual projects have access to effective and efficient support at all times and in all locations.
- Collaborate with Engineering Software Support Team and Business stakeholders and contribute CAD/BIM expertise to help automate critical engineering processes and achieve efficiencies
- Evaluate requests for modifications to engineering applications and systems based on user needs and requirements; recommend implementation of appropriate modifications, upgrades, patches, enhancements or new systems to assure users have the necessary applications and systems support
- Manage introduction and use of new and updated engineering products within the WSP CA business as well on large individual projects
- Performing system testing, manage the UAT, the acceptance process for release of new Engineering applications, and coordinate successful deployment of applications onto client machines working with WSP's 3rd party managed Service Desk and On-Site Services Teams.
- Continually improve the processes around engineering application delivery working with WSP Partners
- Help develop training and change management plans around the use and adoption of BIM/CAD tools across the business
- Maintain technical support documentation for Engineering application and share related knowledge in effective manner to team members and business users
- Assist in the management of licensing of engineering applications and associated reporting
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of industry trends and standards in engineering and design systems
- Identify training requirements for users of various engineering software applications; recommend and coordinate training
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (DEC) in Civil Engineering or other relevant disciplines;
- Proficient in AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture, Revit, and Sketchup
- Knowledge of Navisworks, 3DSMax Design, Infraworks 360, BIM360 Design/Teams/Field/Glue, Lumion3D, Unity3D, and other BIM/CAD related design, visualization, and analysis software
- Experience using web-based collaborative software, project extranets, BIM/CAD Utilities, plotting techniques and coordination of BIM/CAD data input and output
- Additional desirable skills include AutoCAD/Revit customization and programming using scripts, visual lisp, .NET, Dynamo, etc.
- Previous Architecture and or Interior Design experience is a definite plus
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be Bilingual
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.