Senior Engineering Manager, CSC
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
SENIOR ENGINEERING MANAGER, CSC
Irving Shipbuilding Inc., located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence.
This is 1 full time permanent position located in Halifax, NS.
- Coordinate Engineering support and expertise for the CSC Engineering teams for the execution of CSC activities
- Provide leadership, guidance and coordination of all Engineering design activities for the CSC project
- Provide leadership to the CSC Engineering teams
- Provide significant technical experience and expertise on all engineering related activities
- Provide senior leadership and mentorship to all engineering personnel on CSC project
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post Secondary education in Engineering- Marine, Mechanical or Naval Architecture
- At least 10 years experience in an Engineering role
- 5 years experience in Naval shipbuilding
- 5 years of experience in an Engineering leadership role
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong computer skills
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary commensurate with the experience of the Candidate and benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental and vision.
For additional information please contact: Krista Shah at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Please be advised that some positions have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.