Ship Physical Security Specialist
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
PHYSICAL SECURITY SPECIALIST
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and responsibilities.
- Serve as the CSC Program Point of Contact related to the physical security portion of the Cyber and Security Management Plan and the implementation of system security management processes in accordance with Systems Security Engineering standards. Applicable areas include subcontractor's design facility, supply chain and delivered materials/equipment, and integration facilities.
- Identify security controls required to achieve a Security Risk managed environment and conduct post-implementation assessments/audits to ensure compliance.
- Assess the planned incorporation of physical security measures within the shipbuilding infrastructure facilities as well as the ship's design. Work as an IPT member to provide advice and guidance relative to the supply chain security activities as a component part of the Supply Chain Vulnerability Management Report. Provide Subject Matter Expertise for infrastructure and shipboard vulnerability threat assessment.
- Have a working knowledge of the baseline security requirements within the Industrial Security Manual relative to the safeguarding of information; also understand and implement the requirements specified in the Operational Security Standard, the Subcontract Security Requirements Checklist, and IT Security Risk Management Framework (ITSG-33) as related to physical security.
- Provide oversight of the Subcontractor's adherence to the above standards, plans, and checklists and generate detailed reports/briefs to upper level management.
- 2-4 years' experience as a Physical Security Specialist specifically in a shipbuilding/large defense acquisition project.
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline
- Accustomed to working in a fast paced environment with multiple conflicting priorities
- Comfort with MS Office Suite of software
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
For further details, please contact Emily Snow at: email@example.com.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.