Combat Management System Software Engineer
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
COMBAT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Irving Shipbuilding Inc., located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence.
The Combat Management System (CMS) Software Engineer will fulfill a key role in the Combat Management System Team. This position will be responsible for providing coordination and oversight for the development, integration, installation, test and evaluation of the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) CMS software.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborative development and review of System and Subsystem Software Design Documents, Interface Control Documents, Human-Machine Interface descriptions, User and Maintainer Manuals,
- Collaborative development and review of Test Plans and Procedures,
- Modeling and Simulation and Training solutions
The CMS Software Engineer will provide insight regarding the software design of the CMS, its function within the Combat System, and be responsible for ensuring that fully compliant CSC solutions are provided in accordance with sound engineering practice. The CMS Integration Engineer will participate in the CSC Integrated Product Teams (IPT) structure, in partnership with the Warship Design and Combat System Integration Subcontractors to ensure that compliant solutions are delivered to the Royal Canadian Navy (RCN).
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Math, Physics or equivalent ;
- Professional Engineer or eligibility for this qualification and.
- Post graduate qualification is desirable in an area related to Systems Engineering.
A minimum of seven years' experience in the following fields:
- Engineering on large and complex defence engineering projects;
- Knowledge on Combat Management Software
- Knowledge of Combat System Architecture;
- Design, installation, setting to work, integration and testing of Combat Management Systems, tactical data links and multi-link Systems;
- Configuration Management and Change Control;
- Coordination with multiple complex organizations; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Experience in the following fields would be preferred:
- Engineering for Naval platforms;
- Software design, integration, validation and verification;
- Design, production, test and trials on a ship construction program;
- Conducting Sea Acceptance trials; and
- Participate in the CSC IPT structure to coordinate and manage all stakeholder interests, governing standards, and CSC requirements applicable to CSC CMS, Multi-Link and Tactical Data Link systems;
- Provide engineering oversight and guidance during requirements definition, design, integration and testing for all aspects of the CSC CMS software and other associated software programs;
- Provide expertise in the development and evaluation of documentation products related to the requirements definition, design, integration, installation and test of CMS software;
- Support the coordination of scheduling, planning and conduct of CMS software activities to ensure that related program milestones are met;
- Provide accurate status reports on assigned activities to the CMS team lead;
- Provide support in evaluating software engineering change to ensure that impacts, risks and issues related to the CMS software design, integration, test and acceptance activities are understood and recorded;
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal (Shipyard Production, CSC Program personnel) and external stakeholders (subcontractors and Canadian government representatives); and
- Support a culture of teamwork, enthusiasm and proactive behavior within the Combat Systems team and be a role model for professional behavior.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
For further details, please contact Aimee Wragg at: mailto:email@example.com
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Please be advised that some positions have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.