Meals Driver Volunteer
Region: St John's (NL)
Application deadline: December 31, 2019
Do you enjoy working with others and making a difference in your community? Are you a friendly, outgoing person who enjoys meeting new people every day? Do you want to help the Canadian Red Cross help vulnerable people by providing much needed support to those who need it the most?
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking a Community Health - Meals Driver Volunteer to assist with the delivery of hot nutritious meals to seniors in St. John's, Newfoundland. This position will report to the Service Centre Coordinator.
- Pick up prepared meals from the designated supplier.
- Deliver meals to client's homes on a pre-determined schedule.
- Observe routine precautions in the handling of food, including hand hygiene.
- Provide professional customer service when delivering meals.
- Maintain accurate records of trips, meals delivered and mileage.
- Provide ample notice to Service Centre Coordinator, if unable to perform volunteer duty as scheduled.
- Operates the vehicle safely and reports any accidents and incidents.
- Participate in required training.
- A minimum of 2 years' safe driving experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A valid provincial Drivers' license.
- This position requires a successful Canadian Criminal Record Check and/or successful Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Must have access to a personal vehicle for delivery of meals and must provide proof of $1 million insurance coverage.
- Demonstrated ability to handle client related incidents after training.
- Punctual, reliable conscientious.
- Sensitive to needs of seniors/people with disabilities would be considered an asset.
- Hours of work for this position may vary.
Apply now to join our local Red Cross team and become a part of the world's largest humanitarian organization, and one of our 13 million volunteers across the world. The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested parties may APPLY HERE.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.