Senior IT Systems Specialist Ottawa, ON 04/06/2019
WSP in Ottawa, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to join the Centre Block Rehabilitation Project (CENTRUS) located at our IPO, Downtown Ottawa. This position will report to the Senior Systems Administrator.
- Receive and respond to requests from users by phone, ticket, email or in person;
- Participate in the development of long-term strategies to plan for the future needs of IT services on the CENTRUS team;
- Maintain inventory of all assets in IT;
- Redirect requests to the appropriate support level as required;
- Identification and resolution of complex computer problems for users and recommend and implement corrective measures, including hardware repairs;
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor and identify problems on workstations of users, applications, computer hardware and software to provide a computer service that responds to CENTRUS security standards;
- Remotely install software using SCCM, assemble, image and deploy hardware to users;
- Setup user accounts, permissions, and passwords;
- Support and administer third-party applications;
- Receive direction from the Senior Systems Administrator to ensure the effectiveness of the IT operations on the CENTRUS team and escalate to other IT support providers when necessary to ensure optimal resolution environment;
- Manage and troubleshoot remote computer workstations for users;
- Prepare testing and applications to monitor and analyze the performance of computers, as well as documenting and communicating the results through reports and metrics;
- Document information specifics regarding the level of hardware, faulty components, repairs, installations and movements required;
- Record all incidents and redirect them to the Senior Systems Administrator when escalation is required;
- Document changes made to resolve issues and ensure consistency in the delivery of service;
- Solve complex technical issues;
- Plan, organize and coordinate projects;
- Coach and mentor team members in IT related systems, process' and problem-solving;
- Analyze, develop and provide continuous improvement of the work process;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree, or diploma in computer science or other IT related discipline;
- 10+ years of experience in a similar role;
- Expert level proficiency in SKYPE for Business and Microsoft Office 365;
- Excellent customer service skills with a client-focused attitude;
Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
Experience with vsphere, hyper-v and projectwise support
Experience troubleshooting Autocad, Revit, and BIM are required;
Experience troubleshooting Bluebeam and Bluebeam studio are required;
Minimum of a Reliability Security Clearance is mandatory;
- Certification A +, Network Plus and Help Desk Institute certifications are an asset;
- Windows 7 & Windows 10 Certification is considered an asset;
- Bilingualism (English and French) would be considered an asset;
- Strong motivation, understanding of the organization, a natural curiosity indicative of a desire to continuously learn and develop;
- Ability to work in multi-organization, matrix, team environment;
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50LB.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.