Document Controller Ottawa, ON 04/06/2019
WSP in Ottawa, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Document Control to join our Project Team, located at our downtown Ottawa office . Reporting to the Senior Project Manager.
- Manage and track incoming and outgoing project communications and documents;
- Store, secure, revise, retrieve, distribute electronic and hard copy documents;
- Process and control engineering documents, drawings in accordance with established guidelines and client-specific procedures;
- Review proposals, reports, specifications, and other engineering documents to ensure adherence to quality and document standards;
- Coordinate with Project Managers to track project schedules, as well as being responsible for the submission of deliverables;
- Conduct quality assurance checks on outgoing submissions;
- Manage the flow of records to and from all appropriate parties;
- Respond to internal and external drawing and documentation requests;
- Timely archiving of project records;
- Communicate effectively with engineering disciplines
- Engineering or Architectural degree, professional designation and/or PMP certification referred;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in computerized and manual document control management in an engineering, or related industry;
- Advanced proficiency with applicable software applications in related field;
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with all staff levels within the office;
- Thorough knowledge of project documentation and engineering terminology;
- Experience in various electronic drawing file formats;
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills?
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.