Senior Mechanical Engineer Ottawa, ON 04/06/2019
WSP in Ottawa, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a forward-thinking, Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Mechanical and Electrical Team, located in our downtown Ottawa office. This role will be ideal for someone looking to play a mentorship role and help develop junior and intermediate Mechanical Engineer.
- You will Provide leadership in the pursuit of leading-edge engineering solutions for the various mechanical building systems, including HVAC, plumbing, fire protection and building automation and control systems.
- Work in conjunction with different partner groups to identify, develop and articulate the merits of different options for the various systems, and to make recommendations for partner acceptance.
- You will provide guidance, mentorship, and positive direction to less practiced engineer on the team in order for them to feel confident to tackle more complex technical challenges.
- You will be conducting quality reviews throughout the design process to ensure standard methodology design principles are met, and that the design meets all applicable codes and standards to satisfy the requirements of the authority having jurisdiction
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Ontario.
- You have12 + years mechanical engineering and design experience on major complex building projects - experience with large-scale, heritage designated projects a distinct advantage.
- You have experience working in different delivery models - i.e. CM, Design Build, P3 -
- You have excellent communication, and leadership skills with a strong desire and ability to collaborate and problem solve in an integrated team environment.
- You possess knowledge of the National Building Code of Canada and the Ontario Building Code.
- Detailed understanding of LEED v4.0 and ASHRAE standards.
- You have detailed working knowledge of NFPA and CAN/ULC Standards for Life Safety Systems.
- You have an advanced understanding of quality standards relative to mechanical design and planning, engineering fundamentals and principles.
- You are proficient in MS Office Application and have an understanding of REVIT is a definite advantage
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.