Tower/Telecom Inspector Dartmouth, NS 04/06/2019
WSP in Dartmouth, NS
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking an Inspector to join our Telecommunication Group, located at our Dartmouth office . Reporting to the Department Manager, this position will be responsible to work with engineers/project managers for antennas and maintenance of towers.
- Assist engineers on projects for antenna additions or maintenance of telecommunications structures (towers) by doing inspections before and after the work.
- Perform inspections to verify that the drawings and specifications are met.
- Carry out surveys for the preparation of design drawings and define the feasibility of projects according to information available.
- Produce technical reports from plans and steel structures for inspections performed.
- Provide site supervision during work and confirm that the technical standards and
client specifications are met.
- Collect and identify any documentation produced.
- Perform other related duties to assist in the implementation of projects.
- Professional diploma in building design or college diploma in civil engineering or other equivalent training (ie: architecture).
- 0-3 years of relevant experience in inspection in the field of steel structures. Ability to read plans of structures.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Word and Excel.
- Experience in consulting engineering considered an asset.
- Sense of initiative, attention to detail, high level of autonomy.
- Ability to work at height - frequent exposure to the elements.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Be available for trips outside the office. (30% of the time)
- Open to work on a flexible schedule.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.