Requirements Specialist, CSC
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
REQUIREMENTS SPECIALIST, CSC
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
The Requirements Specialist will report directly to the Contract Change & Compliance Manager and be responsible for ensuring that the Canadian Surface Combatant requirements are captured, assessed and supported by statements of work for the Prime Contract and corresponding Subcontract.
This is a full-time, permanent staff role (one opening) located in Halifax NS.
- Review Prime and Subcontract requirements documents
- Manage and maintain requirements database, using IBM Rational DOORS
- Liaison with multiple internal and external project stakeholders to consolidate requirements analysis activities
- Ensure changes in requirements are properly controlled and configured
- Provide training and support to internal IBM Rational DOORS users
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post -secondary education in Engineering or a Technical-based field
- Experience in analytical work and/or database management
- Experience with IBM Rational DOORS system an asset
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills; Advanced excel skills an asset
- Ability and desire to exercise ongoing attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize competing demands
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary commensurate with the experience of the Candidate and benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental and vision.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.