Senior Draftsperson, Municipal Engineering Sault Ste. Marie, ON 04/06/2019
WSP in Sault Ste. Marie, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
SAULT STE. MARIE
WSP is currently hiring for a Senior Civil CAD Designer/Drafter to join our Municipal Engineering group, located at our Sault Ste. Marie office. Reporting to the Manager, this position will be responsible for the preparation of CAD drawings using both AutoCAD and Civil 3D. The type of projects include a variety of municipal infrastructure projects, such as site developments, road reconstructions, pumps and piping layouts, and process drawings.
- Creating base plans from topographical survey information;
- Preparing project drawings including conceptual sketches and detailed construction drawings using the standards set out by WSP
- Working and coordination with design staff;
- Actively participate in the design and provide input to the design team throughout the design process;
- Actively work at improving drafting skills and increase current knowledge of surveying
- Reviewing drawings to ensure compliance with Client drafting standards;
- Coordinate with a multi-disciplinary project team;
- Preparing drawings using Autodesk Civil 3D software (pipe networks, profiles, alignments, assemblies & sub-assemblies, 3D Feature Lines and Grading Groups);
- Material and quantify take-offs;
- Underground utility coordination;
- Occasional site verifications to examine field conditions, drainage and erosion control needs, as-built conditions, etc.;
- Mentor and coach junior drafting staff;
- Contribute to RFP, Bid and Proposal documents; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5+ years of civil designing experience;
- Demonstrated proficiency with AutoCAD and Civil 3D;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with strict deadlines;
- Ability to work well as part of a team or on an individual basis;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Strong organizational, technical, and communication skills;
- Experience working with the various Northern Ontario municipalities an asset;
- Valid G Driver's license;
- Survey experience an asset, and;
- Experience on municipal and/or private sector projects an asset;
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.
Sault Ste. Marie, ON