Electrical Designer St. Catharines, ON 04/06/2019
WSP in St. Catharines, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Electrical Designer to join our Manufacturing Group, located at our 55 King St. #600, St. Catharines office. Reporting to the Team Lead, this position will be responsible for to provide design, drafting and modelling capabilities to the GTA Manufacturing team. The Industrial (Manufacturing) group services industrial clients in the manufacturing industry and provides service to institutional and government clients. You will apply your electrical design knowledge on project work from conceptual design through completion. Technical quality, cost effectiveness, building and maintaining client relationships, and providing guidance to a team of designers are integral parts of this role. Require experienced person to work independently, from conceptual studies to final designs certified for construction. Must be able to organize workload and direct designers to meet agreed schedules.
- Design of electrical power distribution systems, fire-detection/alarm systems, industrial control systems, building lighting and associated control systems;
- Production of detailed drawing and specifications (AutoCAD, AutoCAD 3d , Revit, Microstation );
- Ability to work with a minimum of instructions and complete tasks independently;
- Perform engineering calculations;
- Coordination with various departments and disciplines required for project implementation;
- Industrial and Commercial site reviews ;
- Preparation of engineering reports;
- Must be able to attend industrial sites and observe all applicable safety regulations;
- Must possess a valid driver's license;
- Ability to work and complete tasks independently, make decisions and take responsibility on technical matters;
- Must possess a team player attitude and be able to work in project team environment.
- Education requirements; Electrical Engineering Diploma or Degree from an accredited institution, C. Tech or C.E.T. designation a benefit;
- Required years of experience; 6-9 years of working on industrial projects;
- Soft skills; able to interact, as part of a team, with all types of clients and teammates; proactive and able to manage time well; able to build relationships;
- Technical skills; experience in one or more of the following industries: food and beverage, chemical, steel, cement, oil and gas, AutoCAD, Revit, Microstation, and a working knowledge of CSA standards, ANSI standards, IEEE standards, Ontario Building Code, and other applicable codes;
- Communication skills. Be fluent in the English language with excellent verbal and written communication skills with working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programs,
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.
St. Catharines, ON