Associate Facilities Engineer
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
ASSOCIATE FACILITIES ENGINEER
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
The Associate Facilities Engineer is a member of the Facilities and Maintenance Team and is primarily responsible for the management of capital projects and will become a subject matter expert for assigned infrastructure and systems.
This staff position is based at the Halifax Shipyard and reports to the Facilities Engineering Manager. This position also supports the vision, initiatives and capital plans of the Facilities and Maintenance Team at Marine Fabricators and Woodside Industries.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage multidiscipline capital projects as assigned by Facilities Engineering Manager.
- Lead the development of civil standards for ISI facilities.
- Provide technical support to ISI Facility Maintenance Group.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for assigned Facility Infrastructure Systems.
- Develop ISI civil infrastructure management program to ensure long term reliability of the facilities.
- Participate in the development and manage implementation of a 5 year capital plan for civil infrastructure at all ISI facilities.
- Provide project updates to Senior Management.
- Oversee the work of Contractors to ensure compliance with site polices.
- Procure required materials, equipment and labor to complete tasks and assignments.
Knowledge, Skills and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Eligible for membership as a Professional Engineer or EIT in Nova Scotia
- Preference may be given to individuals with prior project management experience
- Design experience would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work independently and or with multi-disciplined teams of people.
- Eligible for membership in Project Management Institute as a PMP is desirable.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong negotiation skills are essential.
- Problem solving skills, flexibility, analytical thought processes and sound judgment.
- Strong presentation skills using Microsoft Power Point.
- Experienced in use of AutoCad.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Irving Shipbuilding is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.