Inspector, Municipal Engineering Kelowna, BC 04/06/2019
WSP in Kelowna, BC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Junior Inspector for various Land Development and Municipal projects based out of our Kelowna office.
- Construction inspection on projects throughout the Okanagan and Kootenays;
- Resolving construction issues with the assistance of the project engineer and field supervisor;
- Daily project reporting, basic survey applications and participation in construction meetings;
- Miscellaneous assistance to project manager with day to day project operations;
- Communications/scheduling with municipal inspectors and client on assigned projects to ensure compliance with contract standards/specifications; and
- Assist drafting department with record and design drawings during downtime.
- Civil or Construction Engineering Technology graduate;
- 1+ years of related experience;
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and specs;
- A Working knowledge and familiarity with Civil 3D is an asset. Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook also valuable;
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal, including teamwork and interpersonal abilities;
- Comfortable in working independently in both an office and field environment; and
- A valid driver's license is required for this position.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.