Senior Financial Planner - Urban - IIROC
CIBC in Mississauga, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it .
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
You'll join CIBC's Personal and Business Banking team. You'll manage and grow a complex client portfolio by providing dedicated relationship management, comprehensive financial services support, and exceptional client service. As a Senior Financial Planner, you'll expertly deliver on CIBC's Imperial Service approach, taking responsibility for a large portfolio and helping clients plan for today's needs and tomorrow's goals. You'll mentor a team of advisors to problem solve and provide comprehensive financial advice, enabling clients to secure their futures, own their homes, and build their businesses.
How You'll Succeed
- Client Engagement - Focus on each client experience and connect on a personal level to make every interaction meaningful. Enhance relationships by delivering trusted investment advice and providing comprehensive financial planning support. Cultivate your network to establish new client relationships.
- Business Expertise - Become an expert in local market trends and potential client bases, creating a comprehensive sales plan that will convert leads into new CIBC clients. Use your strong relationship building and networking skills to build connections, generate opportunities, and deliver bottom line results. Leverage your experience in investment, retirement, and credit planning to provide a comprehensive and personalized plan that will result in satisfied, loyal clients and increased referrals.
Leading and Mentoring - As a seasoned financial professional, provide coaching and support to a team of advisors. Maintain a collaborative work environment and support the team as they make informed decisions that benefit both the client and CIBC.
Who You Are
You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
You are a bold and authentic leader. You're passionate about developing and coaching to bring out the best in people. You have led diverse, high performing teams.
You act like an owner. You thrive when you're empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
You're driven to succeed. You are motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make an impact.
You're a certified professional (IIROC). You have current accreditation and good standing for IIROC licensing, CFP upon hire. Conduct and Practices Handbook Course (CPH), Wealth Management Essentials Course (WME), Personal Financial Planner (PFP) are an asset.
Values matter to you . You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities and individual development planning
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role that requires flexibility. Your hours will be based on our banking centre operations, and you may need to occasionally work evenings or weekends, travel, or meet clients off site in order to provide exceptional service