Competition # 5820.19
CUPE Local 508
(Salary: $22.74 plus BSA)
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Roadway Operations - Engineering and Operations Department the incumbent will perform work, which is physically strenuous in nature and involves the use of hand tools and/or manually operated equipment. Assignments will require the operation of Municipal vehicles. The incumbent may work under supervision and receive daily instruction.
Education and Experience:
- Secondary education (Grade 12 G.E.D. is acceptable) combined with one-year relevant experience.
- Required Licenses: Valid NB Class 3 driver's license with E endorsement (air brakes)
- Performs functions consistent with construction and maintenance of roads, streets, sidewalks and rows.
- Assigned to snow and ice control operations during winter months.
- Performs related work as required.
- Ability to work after hours and willing to work shifts, including a regular night shift if required.
Knowledge and Desired Skills:
- Ability to follow instructions accurately as issued by a Foreman or Supervisor.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards involved and the safety precautions necessary in work assignments.
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills are required.
Interested individuals may apply in writing to email@example.com by 4:30 pm on 2019 May 8
Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.