Designer, EIT, Rail and Transit Winnipeg, MB 04/06/2019
WSP in Winnipeg, MB
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Designer, EIT to join our Rail and Transit West Team, located at our Winnipeg, MB office. Reporting to the Manager, Rail and Transit West, this position will have responsibilities including design and project coordination functions related to rail infrastructure in Canada.
- Perform planning and design functions for the transit, LRT and Freight Rail projects including roadway elements, horizontal and vertical alignments, cross-sections, parking, drainage, environmental mitigation/ protection measures and associated works;
- Responsible for conducting and reviewing of level crossings;
- Alignment and grading design for track design;
- Perform site inspections and make sound recommendations;
- Responsible for making Health, Safety and Environment a priority;
- Assist senior engineers with tasks and deliverables as requested;
- Perform designs within AutoCAD and Civil 3D;
- Assist in proposal preparation for the rail and transit team in Canada;
- Stay up to date on changes within the industry;
- Report preparation and cost estimations;
- Liaise with other designers to evaluate project budgets, schedules, specifications, timelines, etc.;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil engineering from an accredited institution;
- Eligible for membership in the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Manitoba and working towards the designation of Professional Engineer (P.Eng.);
- 0 - 3 years experience working in an engineering capacity on rail infrastructure projects in North America;
- Experience performing in project coordination and design functions;
- Knowledge of rail line and rail yard expansion would be considered an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal oversight, take full responsibility for quality and efficiency of work, including CAD work;
- Ability to work on several projects at a time with multiple teams;
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and written) with the public, consultants, and contractors;
- Excellent technical, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.