Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
- Years of Experience Required: 2 - 5 years relevant HSE experience in an Industrial Environment
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) Designation would be considered an asset
- Confined space experience would be considered an asset
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Conduct inspections and verify safe work conditions including permitting.
- Advise and train employees on HSE policies and procedures
- Recognition and communication of at risk behaviors
- Conduct routine work place inspections
- Conduct accident investigations
- Conduct HSE training and promotion initiatives that meet / exceed regulatory minimums
- Provide ongoing support to employees and front line management in the effective execution of HSE programs and initiatives
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.